About

Thank you for visiting my blog! I’m Kim Lepre, and I’m a middle school English Language Arts teacher in Chula Vista, CA.  

For 16 years I’ve taught middle school and loved every minute of it. No, I’m not lying – I LOVE teaching middle school. I love the structured chaos of the middle school mind, the challenges of teaching kids at such a pivotal and awkward age, and the satisfaction of being a part of their journey toward independence. I’m CONSTANTLY searching for new ways to engage them, to keep them curious, and to help build a foundation for a love of learning. If you’re here, I’m sure you’re doing this too!

While I teach English Language Arts, I can assure you that much of what I share here can be applied to just about any content area. Let’s face it – good teaching is good teaching regardless of the subject. I have many questions and while I don’t have all of the answers, my strength is my burning desire to find them and share them with my colleagues around the world. Inspiration has no boundaries, and some of my biggest AHA moments came from elementary, science, and physical education teachers!

Whether it’s integrating educational technology, standards-based grading, literacy, or being a teacherpreneur, I hope my journey resonates with you and you’ll find some solutions to your conundrums in teaching. If you like what you read, I invite you to subscribe and have the content delivered directly to you. You can do this by filling out the form below. As a thank you, I’ll send you a free editable kid-friendly syllabus that you can use right away with your students. I’ll also send other freebies throughout the year to help you with your teaching.

Let’s do this! We’re better together!